Untitled-5

Wednesday 20 May 2015

The Top Ten Reasons I Hate Wine - Six, Food Problems

Some of you may know me from my wine article series "I Love Italian Wine and Food, " similar French and German series, and my travel articles that always manage to discuss local wine and food. It's true; I really do love wine and food from Italy, France, Germany, and other countries as well. But I also hate wine and many aspects of the wine scene. Let me explain my top ten reasons for this love-hate relationship. Previous articles discussed the unconscionable expense, the embarrassing lack of knowledge, no wine cellar, I can't get the ... bottle opened, and insomnia. This article discusses the food problems that seem an inevitable part of my wine experience.

Good wine should go with good food, and great wine should go with great food. But who can eat all that good or great food? I am very lucky-at this point of my life I can eat what I want, in moderation, without having to go on a diet. I better not push my luck or I'll be joining the multitude of dieters. But even non-dieters have major problems with great food; the problems of expense and time. You can bet your bottom dollar that if food tastes great, it is either expensive, takes too much time to prepare, or both.

Furthermore, great tasting food is probably not so good for you. If the calories won't harm you, those tasty fats and carbohydrates will. I don't care what others may say, in my way of thinking 8% yogurt tastes a lot better than 0% yogurt. Neither one goes with wine, but I think you get the idea. And of course, for some of us overeating can cause sleep difficulties. I know if I eat too late at night insomnia kicks in. And as I get older and older, too late at night becomes earlier and earlier. I said sleep difficulties, in addition to insomnia a fine meal with wine makes me sleepy. As you can guess napping after imbibing wine is a great way to generate insomnia.

And what about pairing wine and food? It's not enough to have a great wine and great food - the wine and the food have to be great together. The possibilities for error increase enormously. There is an easy "solution" to this problem. Champagne is known to pair well with almost any food. Just open your wallet (see Article 1), pop the cork (See Article 4), and enjoy. So if you have unlimited funds and aren't bottle opener challenged, the food pairing problem is solved. Otherwise...

Here are the other reasons that I hate wine, to be explored shortly: Wine snobs, Those smells and those tastes, Those colors, Home brew, One more problem and yes, The Solution.

Like to eat Italian dishes? Check out http://cirrusculinnaire.com/ today.

A brand loyalty article by Scotts DIGITAL - Best SEO agency in Singapore and globally. Contact Scotts DIGITAL @ +(65) 9388 0851 or email to admin@scottsdigital.com for more information on how to brand your website in Google and generate more clients for your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment